Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Glass Jar

The other day, the door bell rang and there was Maria and her son Tate. Tate was so excited

about a handful of quarters that he held in his hand. He had been saving his money to buy

something special and finally decided on his own to give them to his Grandma Margaret to

buy pills. It was so sweet. I got a glass canning jar and put a label on it saying "Money For

Grandma". Tate put his money into the jar and gave me a big hug. So now, I have the jar in

the bookcase of our living room.

Then yesterday, I opened the door to go out and there was a card with a lovely anonymous

note and $150 towards my medicine. Then later that day, another person gave me $20

for pills. So, the jar is filling up. Every penny counts and it blesses my life as well as others

to give. I recognize that Heavenly Father is in control and is blessing me.

I also want to thank my family, especially Aaron and Andrea, for putting together the upcoming

Benefit "Italian Dinner", along with Lisa Tollefson, to raise more money in my behalf.

Blessings are pouring in and I feel of everyone's prayers and love.

Whenever I look at the glass jar, I think of friends and loved ones and how so many people

are sacrificing in my behalf. It touches my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment