Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Larry's home from the hospital

Well, it's been an interesting week. Larry, my give giver, has been sick. But, I've been able

to take care of him, which has been a blessing. We just take care of each other. We are a couple

of old people. On Tuesday, a large piece of his nose was removed due to skin cancer. Today, he

had surgery at Banner Baywood to graft skin back to the area. They had to loosen all the skin on

his nose and pull it around to fill in the wound. It will be swollen and his eyes black and blue for

awhile. Within 4 months though it will be back to normal except for a scar. We are both so

thankful for excellent doctors. Tonight, Larry is sleeping in the big cozy lazy boy chair in the

family room as he is suppose to keep his head up.

While at the waiting room at the hospital, I sat by a woman with a really cool large purse.

I commented on it and we got into a discussion about my health and the need to raise money.

It was a vintage bag made from carpet, that was popular in the 60's. This woman, is going

to be on the Oprah Winfrey Show on July 3rd to show them. They will be selling at Dillard's

and other stores. The jT Carpet Bags are made in California.

Anyway, she's going to be donating some for the upcoming Italian Dinner so that they can be

auctioned off. She is going to help at future events as well. I'm looking forward to getting a

carpet bag myself, as I remember them from the 60's and they are really neat. I've been

looking for more ways to make money for the pills and she's another person that was put into my

path that can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment