Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Home from vacation

We had a wonderful time in Florida!!! It was truly a vacation and a great experience.

We enjoyed Disney World with Aaron and Andrea and their family and went to most of the

attractions like Hall of Presidents, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger..Haunted

Mansion...Hollywood Studios...Animal Kingdom...and the EpCot Center. We got pictures

of the Beatles singing in the park and also in France we saw the Sein River. We

really enjoyed eating at the Garden Restaurant where the Disney characters came around

to the tables and gave us one on one attention. The kids loved it. The food was

healthy and super good. Aaron and Andrea really spoiled us.

We also got to visit Elder Ryan Merkley who is serving in Orlando and I gave him a big

hug and embarrassed him probably. He looks good. Also, we got to visit Richard and

Nancy Randall on their mission at the Deseret Ranch. They made a healthy and yummy

lunch for us (lentils, fruit salad, etc.) and gave us a tour of the ranch and visitors

center. They are looking so good and very happy. The ranch covers 290,000 acres of

land and is owned by the church. It's the largest privately owned ranch in the

world. Six deer came close to us to eat the corn thrown to them and we saw a large

turtle walking by as well as cranes. We had a wonderful time.

Andrea's younger sister, Dana Tollefson, works at Disney World and she sang to

us.....she has an amazing voice!!! She made it possible to get some free tickets as

well as discounts. We also really enjoyed the Marriott vacation Resort that we stayed

at. The kids loved the large pirate ship and I enjoyed the jacuzzi. We found an

alligator in the water close to the land with moss all over it and birds standing on

its head and I think it was fake but Larry said the next day it was gone and he claims

it was real. I think I needed this vacation after a year and a half of battling this

cancer. I feel as if the fight with cancer is over but the money for the medications

and the appointments still lingers on. I had the Torisel infusion yesterday at the

cancer center which takes about 3-4 hours and I still do that weekly for 3 months.

Also, in October I do the Rituxen again. (I do that infusion every 6 months for 4

weeks in a row for the next 2 and 1/2 years) Dr. Kellogg is very pleased with the

results and agreed that there is no sign of cancer or of it coming back. My next

appointment in Texas is in early January at the Burzynski clinic. I want to help

others to be healed as I have been. I am truly blessed by so many friends and family

members. I know that the prayers and faith of others have been heard of God and that

He has blessed me. Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment